This is a basic Halloween Tutu.
- Add a black boa!
- Make a gauntlet
- Make a Fairy Wand
- Add Wings
New Sew / No Sew Tutu
The amount of fabric required depends on whether:
- Tulle, net or a combination of tulle and net will be used
- The length of the tutu will modify the amount of fabric
- The fullness of the tutu will impact the amount of fabric
Halloween Tutu Shown
Net and tulle come in 54 inch widths
- This tulle was folded long ways in 80 inch lengths anc cut
Individual strips of tulle are net are knotted around elastic with a larkshead knot (which is a macrame knot)
- 40 inch lengths by 15 inches wide
- Tulle tied
- Total number of knotted lengths: 40
How Long to Make the Elastic?
- Long enough to tie a square knot (Right over left and left over right; makes a square knot good and tight.)
- Place elastic around waist.
- 1/4 inch elastic used here.